Sunday, September 2, 2007

False Alarm

No date tonight, postponed to (probably) Wednesday. I kind of feel like I should be more sad, but well, I am not. I'm going to go visit a friend in Brooklyn instead, and check out his new apartment. And eat my regularly scheduled vegan meatloaf, which I'm about to go start defrosting. Yum! New meal plan for M5 and M6: vegan loaf, steamed cauliflower, edamame.

I'm a bit cranky today about dieting, etc. The gym was awful, I only ended up doing 8 minutes of LISS because the elliptical I'd signed up for was broken, as was the second one I tried. I'm going to have to experiment with different times to go there on Sundays and find the time when no one's around. I expected that since it's such a gorgeous day out, no one would be in the gym, but shockingly the place was relatively full. I did bang out a kick-ass HIIT session on the bike, but I know that's just not enough cardio. So, tomorrow I'll work on doing more, and also try to be more zen about the weightlifting, since as far as I can tell, the place is still, shall we say, woman-proofed. I'm going to leave it at that since last week I was in tears, I got so mad. If there were another gym within 10 blocks of school or home, I would deal with the massive expense and just do it, because I know it would make me a fundamentally happier person to be able to work out in a positive environment. Oh, Equinox - why do you have to be so far away and so damn expensive?! ($129/mo dues, plus I'd have to buy a $76 subway pass to actually get there. Ain't happening.)

No comments: