Monday, September 3, 2007

Day 16: Feeling Fine

Today I feel much happier and more hopeful than yesterday. That one was a doozy, partly because of some issues that were weighing on my mind and partly because I'm aggravated that the gym is no longer my own little secret place. The undergrads have arrived, sigh.

I didn't get up at 6:30 as planned this morning, but I did manage to crawl out of bed around 8:30, have some breakfast, do a bit of reading and then got down to the gym. I pumped out a decent upperbody workout, though next time I need to increase weight on bench press (yay) and probably change my shoulder exercises, since the upright rows are starting to hurt a bit with the increased weight. And then I hopped on the old arc trainer for a quick 25 mins of LISS, and then as soon as I was done my dumb iPod headphones crapped out. Oy. At least they made it to the end of my workout before the left one started sounding all quiet and tinny. Fortunately I have my big old ugly headphones that the exboyfriend shipped to me in a big box o' stuff not so long ago, so I don't have to suffer all that much. And now I think that when I reach a milestone in weight loss (hopefully soon - hurry up!) I will reward myself with some new ipod earphones for the subway, and continue using the old school headphones at the gym. I don't know if it's a problem with sweating into them or the connector that's starting to fray, but either way I'm blaming the abuse they take at the gym, so hopefully a non-gym pair would last more than 9 months.

This is kind of gross, but I'm thinking of doing some kind of colon cleanse. I don't understand how I could be eating this much fiber and, ahem, "going" this infrequently. My belly feels bloaty, and as I said yesterday it's partially because I'm in PMS mode, but that's definitely not all that's going on. So I'm looking into options but the web sites about these things are all ads disguised as personal web sites. I may just try a salt water flush once a week or so. Seriously gross by all accounts, but if it gets ride of this icky stomach feeling, probably worth it.

Now, I'm 45 minutes behind on my homework schedule and it's starting to feel a bit dire. Plans for the rest of the day include: reading a lot; a trip down to trader joe's to stock up on bread, cereal, hummus and soymilk; cooking up a delicious dinner of sweet potatoes, tempeh and broccoli (hello fiber); and more reading. I really should go buy a first day of school outfit, but I don't think it's going to happen since I don't have time to go shopping. I have bought a few new things over the summer, so I can just pretend that I haven't worn them yet. Anyway, there will be so much more glory in it when I can buy a smaller size. Some of my clothes are starting to get big, but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it. Hopefully after my period is over I'll see a big loss, and won't screw it up too badly with birthday indulgences.

No comments: