Friday, September 21, 2007

Day 34: Suckitude

So last night I committed cardinal sin #1 of bad eating. I got drunk and ordered Chinese food at 1 am. I haven't done this in quite some time! This week has just been bad, bad, bad for eating. I got it back on track for a couple days and I know I haven't done that much damage, plus I've been kicking ass at the gym for the most part. I think I may have to just move my free day to Friday, at least on most weeks. That's what I've decided today, since I'm too hungover to do anything besides loaf and stare and want to keep eating. Actually the eating part isn't entirely true since I'm a bit queasy but I don't want to eat on plan, I want to eat anything that isn't on plan. So I'm eating relatively little but it's still free day.

Anyhow, the big leap in the right direction which needs to happen is: GROCERY SHOPPING, like for serious. I should have done a major shopping trip and got everything since I know during the week it's too hard for me to get out to the store. I am going to trader joe's tomorrow probably early in the morning to beat the crowd, and I'm going to stock up on almonds, tempeh, hummus, bread, cereal, etc. - all my staple foods. This is important. I do so well (mostly) when I have every single thing I need in the house already. That way I just follow my schedule, make all my tasty filling awesome meals and then I'm golden. But the combination of drinking/trying to be social and not having everything I need in my kitchen is too much to handle. I've also been stressed and all that, but that's not going away anytime soon so I have to work with it, and channel that into working out.

Workouts, meanwhile, have been kind of meditative this week, which is wonderful since frequently I just go to this awful gym and I get angry at stinky people, crowdedness, undergrad girls in hot pants and heavy eyeliner, etc. But lately I've been listening to mellower music, thinking deep thoughts and getting relaxed. It helps that I can be angry during part 1 of my workout (HIIT or weights) and then be relaxed during part 2 (LISS on the elliptical).

So I'm pushing today's UBWO til tomorrow, probably in the early evening, and I'm going to the movies tonight and tomorrow, not having more than a drink or 2 each night, trying to take it easy and get a ton of schoolwork done in the next few days. I have a bit of catching up to do after all these interviews, and it sure didn't happen yesterday or today.

Plan for tonight - tasty/somewhat healthy dinner out (probably Korean) with K, then a movie screening with discussion by writer & director John Turturro (!) and maybe a glass of wine with S and in bed at a reasonable hour. Then tomorrow, it's 100% on plan, lots of good shopping, lots of good homework/reading, and the beginning of a healthy, happy, good week. Optimism is key!

No comments: