Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 37: Blah Monday Blah

Well, I overcame the odds by going to the gym this morning. I didn't make it as early as I'd have liked, but when I woke up I was so mad about having to go, but also so hungry so I decided to have breakfast and give myself a bit of a pep talk. Actually, it was more like "Wise up! You'll be so much more angry later when you go to the gym and it's packed with muscleheads and you have to use the weight machines that you don't like!" So, a bit of tough love and some coffee and cereal and I made it out the door.

My weight this morning was ultra high, probably because of the majorly fiber-riffic meal I had last night (it was mega-huge, but low cal). I am trying to train myself to poo in the morning instead of the afternoon (yes I am my own dog and I know, ew). But I'm not entirely sure that's within the realm of possibility. And it's a bit psychotic to do that just to assure myself that my morning weight is the lowest it can be.

However, I did eat pretty much on track today. I added a bit of hummus to nosh on with the extra cauliflower while I was chopping veggies and stuff for dinner. Monday dinners are great, though I really just wanted sicky autumn food because I have a sore throat. I looked at soups in the store but wasn't impressed plus the aisles are so wee that I couldn't stand there for long without getting mowed down by other shoppers. And I contemplated pastina (Italian toddler food, which I adore) but it's too hard to measure out and has high calories and I'd have to put margarine on there which is also high calories and too much bother. I need a scale to weigh things like pasta...

And now I'm posting on here to avoid homework, as usual. Today was a pretty good day, fairly productive but I'm not sure it's enough. I still have loads of work, I'm tired and I just want to watch movies. Gotta just push through some of this work and go to bed early so this sore throat doesn't get worse. I'm such a weirdo when I start to feel sick. I drink lots of tea and wear a little scarf even though it's warm out and I have the AC on. It just feels like the thing to do.

No comments: