Monday, September 17, 2007

The Continuing Saga of Job Search 07

I think today's interview lunch was one of the highest in calories but also one of the most delicious of all. We went for Chinese food at a very classy place in Midtown. (Who knew there was classy Chinese in Midtown? Not I.) I had hot & sour soup followed by ma po tofu with brown rice. Very tasty, probably very oily but at least it was silken tofu which is not as high-cal as regular tofu. Oy. I'm going to probably cut out my afternoon meal of almonds & pear, and that should just about cover it. How relieved am I to be almost done with this? Not that I can really complain since the meals are incredible, but it does stress me out to try and work around an unpredictable meal. Predictability is the key to my success, so far, and when there's no plan it's hard to feel on track. Next summer is going to be a lot of fancy eating out, but I guess I'll just figure out a plan where I eat a really little dinner and plan for a big lunch, and I'll be having lots of soup & salad or whatever anyway, since there's limited selection for vegetarians/vegans. I did have eggs today, in my soup. I'm nothing if not flexible. But anyway, I will be relieved to be eating my regular sandwich and carrots for lunch and know what's coming next.

No comments: