Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day 32: Pfew

So I made it to a new low weight this morning, shockingly. Yesterday was SO VIRTUOUS. I didn't make it to the gym early, but I did suck it up and go late, and I kicked ass on HIIT, then ellipticalled for 25 mins. It meant I stayed up a little too late again, but I did manage to hit the gym around 8:30 this morning for LBWO and LISS. I've been pushing myself a bit harder on leg press, because I know even though it feels hard, I can go heavier. Those are very strong muscles, my quads and glutes. So the last 2 times I went, I did 12x70 lb, 10x90 lb, 8x110 lb, 6x130(!), 12x110, then ballet squats 12x20 lb dumbbells. BFL lifting takes a long time on each exercise... Especially when I'm doing leg press and I have to get up to add more weight on I feel like I'm being very territorial. I need to not have a complex about that though, since I know the big dudely dudes in there don't feel bad using a bench for an hour or whatever, even though there's only like 5 benches. I belong there, too.

This morning I signed up for yoga sculpt class at the gym, with K, on Thursday afternoons. So that should be cool, maybe help me get bendy-er. Also, I finally bought the yoga dvd I've been pining for, so maybe it'll come this weekend while my roommate is out of town and I can bend and balance and fall down in the living room. I don't think I'd be embarrassed to do it in front of him, but the living room does kind of block his room so if I'm trying to do downward dog for an hour straight that might get in his way. We'll see, but I'm excited to get it. I also bought the Skinny Bitch book, which I had decided not to get but then it was on sale and I needed to add something for free shipping. Fortunately I already do the vegan thing, mostly, so I'm not going to be appalled by that. I'm interested to see what all the hype is about, aside from the animal rights stuff.

Progress! It's so easy to get down about things when there's no measurable progress, but hitting a low weight today after a big gain over the weekend was pretty sweet. We'll see if it sticks - I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I worked out at 11 last night (and worked out super hard!) so I'll believe it if I see it again tomorrow or the next day.

It's so close to the weekend, at least in my mind. This weekend, as I mentioned, the roommate is out of town, and I'm going to hopefully spend Friday night at home, doing some serious room organizing and cleaning, plus catching up on all the reading I've been letting slide, and probably watch a DVD and have a glass of wine. Or, maybe go see a play... either way, a night of wholesome fun and going to bed early.

No comments: