Thursday, August 30, 2007

Temptation Island

So tempted to cheat. For the first time really. I don't know if it starts with the interview lunch where you're just not able to order the massive healthy green salad you're envisioning, or if it's the allure of all the restaurants around where you can go out and charge dinner to the firm. Maybe just being in a different place where there's no fridge full of tasty local delicious veggies to steam up for dinner. I am working on getting myself out of the hotel to the supermarket so I can get the soy milk and pears that I need, and then pop by Au Bon Pain to get my planned salad wrap - of which I'm theoretically only having half, but I'm feeling weak and unsure about whether I can handle that. I'm considering alternatives, and maybe I'll just get a salad at the supermarket, if they've got that. Or maybe I'll have the salad wrap as 2 meals and skip the protein shake. Tough choices. I hate protein shakes, at least these chalky "chocolate" ones I have, but they are a road option that gives me a huge boost of low-fat protein. Unfortunately, no place around downtown seems to serve steamed tempeh (an at-home staple).

Interviews went fine, blah blah. I am so ready for this process to be over. And lunch today was annoying because there wasn't a vegetarian entree salad option so I had a sandwich. Thankfully it was a wee sandwich, but on black olive bread, which I liked more than I expected but probably had way more fat than I need, especially on a high-fat day such as today. I am cranky and a half right now! And want to eat because of it! Ugh! Maybe that walk will do me well, along with some much-needed hydration.

No comments: