Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day 1

The gym is not open until tomorrow, but I have to start this thing today so that I can finish by the day of my friend's wedding in November. I know working out in the hotel gym isn't going to be my top choice activity when I'm visiting Orange County for the first time and escaping New England in November for California sun.

However, I'm already 2 hours behind at this point - I had some big ideas about waking up at 7 am and getting to Central Park super early to do some cardio intervals.

I did take my initial stats, and I will say, even though this blog has not been publicly announced or anything, since I'm doing it under my real name and people who know me could find it easily, I'm not putting up my stats until there has been perceptible change, because after a year and a half of laziness, it ain't pretty.

Later on today maybe I will wax poetic about why I'm spending the next 12 weeks busting my ass, but the short version is, I need a jumpstart. I know what it takes for me to be healthy, and that involves a ton of working out, plus eating whole grains and veggies, etc., and doing all my vices in serious moderation. The first year of law school was a major setback for me - I was busy, stressed, trying to maintain a long distance relationship, dealing with serious anxiety. There were good times as well, and I always knew that I was making forward progress in my life plans, but to cope with all that I let myself indulge and didn't make up for it in the gym. This year, I've got more stability. My mind and my life are here in NY, not in Chicago. I have a really solid year under my belt so I feel confident that I'm in the right place and that I can handle the work. In a couple of months I'll have my posh summer job lined up. Things are going to be hectic, but good.

And, for the sake of recording, here is what today has in store, in terms of this challenge:

10:00 am – HIIT jogging in the park
11:00 am – M1 (kashi, blueberries)
1:00 pm – M2 (almonds, apple)
3:30 pm – M3 (rice & beans salad)
6:00 pm – M4 (vegan dinner loaf, kale, edamame)
8:30 pm – M5 (vegan dinner loaf, kale, edamame)
11 pm – bed

No comments: