Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 4

Jeeeeeeeeeepers.

I am seriously wiped out, for a variety of reasons. I just finished 5 days of nonstop job interviewing, and I am so happy that I don't have to talk to any strangers about my enthusiasm about the law tomorrow. I'm going to sit in front of the tv, watch the Boston Legal dvd that just came from netflix (yes, ironic, I know), and not talk to anyone about anything. Oh, and do some cardio intervals and eat so much healthy food.

About sticking to the diet and the exercise while interviewing: the diet part is extremely easy. I bring everything with me to the interview site (meals 2, 3, 4 and sometimes 5) and I'm relieved to be eating that instead of the crap at the lunch buffet. Plus I've actually had to remind myself to eat regularly because of the hectic schedule, so as long as I know that at X time I'm supposed to eat something, I'm not falling over at the end of the day and I'm keeping my metabolism up. It's totally working. Tomorrow could be tougher since I'll be hanging around the house, where all the food is. But actually, I don't have ANYTHING in the kitchen that's off plan, so the worst case would be that I eat a bunch of veggies and hummus or something. But also, I feel really awesome about all this right now, so I'm going to stick with it.

Yesterday I GOT UP AT 6 AM AND WENT TO THE GYM. It was incredible. I have actually done this before, many months ago, but these past few days I've been so tired. But I knew it was the only way I was getting there, so I did it, and it was great. Today not so much, as I got up and put on gym clothes, then went back to sleep until it was almost too late. But I dragged my sad, sleepy, stressed out ass to the gym circa 10:30 pm and busted out a crazy lower body weights workout, and now I can't move. My arms and pecs still hurt from the other day, so I'm one big ache. It is awesome.

No comments: