Monday, October 1, 2007

Hungry or Stressed?

The eating plan I'm doing now doesn't involve eating-only-until-full or eating mindfully, necessarily. It should involve those things in a way, but generally I'm on the 6 meals a day body-builder style plan to fight insulin resistance and keep energy high all day. Is it working? I don't know - sometimes I get very hungry and I justify having a snack. I generally have a 100-200 calorie window where I can throw in something extra, or switch out one meal for another when I get too lazy to cook what's on Plan A.

Today I felt super hungry for a lot of the day, and when I finally came home, I sat in front of the tv and devoured a whole bell pepper, a bunch of carrot sticks, and of course a bunch of hummus. The veggies and hummus (or even better - chips and hummus) get me every damn time. I don't know how I managed to resist it in the first few weeks I was doing this. Actually, I do - I was never home. I packed all my meals and had them somewhere other than my apartment. It's only in the apartment that I'm stuffing my face with delicious creamy hummus.

Also, it is getting cold. I have spent a lot of "homework time" paging thru all my cookbooks to find delicious soup recipes that I want to try. I think that maybe in the next few months Sunday will be soup night. And then I could have delicious homemade soup in the fridge or freezer to have again later. Delish!

No comments: