Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Day 45: This time, with feeling

I stayed up too late last night fantasizing about food! I was on menupages.com doing research for a big anniversary dinner (my parents' 30th, next month), and drooling all over my computer. But I managed to get up reasonably early and got to the gym around 7 to do HIIT and LISS. It was not easy. I was tired, everything hurt, all my favorite workout clothes are dirty, etc. Quick, somebody call the waaaaahmbulance.

But I did it, and I've been bringing reading to do during LISS so it doesn't drag on - it's productive time, certainly more productive than if I just went home and read Perez Hilton instead, which is my usual time-suck early in the morning.

Meals today have also been right on so far, since I've been out of the apartment for just about all of them. Next up I'm about to cook up some couscous with tofu and zucchini, doused with a bit of soy sauce and just a few black sesame seeds. I'll have half for M5 here and then drag the rest along to my evening activities and have M6 around 8 pm. Tuesdays are an easy day for food, since I am not in my apartment like, at all.

And the scale was back down today. I think I'm going to make my Friday goal of getting to 1 lb lower than my lowest weight. Well, I shouldn't say that now since I'm coming up on my period so I may be a bloated whale by Friday. But maybe I will still meet my goal next week of another 1-2 lb lower than the Friday goal, before my big West Virginia trip (yaaaay). I'm so, so stoked to go see my best friends from college, one of whom I haven't seen in well over a year. Eating well, and especially eating vegan, is going to be hard or impossible, but I'm going to pack a lot of fruit and veggies, and just do the best I can, which of course is all you can do in this life. I just need to try not to eat my weight in biscuits and I should be ok. And not come home with cartons of cheap, cheap cigarettes. Ieee.

No comments: