Sunday, October 7, 2007

Day 50: YESSSSS! Sox Sweep!

Today I really didn't want to go to the gym - I've been kind of sucking, since I missed my Wednesday workout. I made it for HIIT on Thursday (plus yoga sculpt class), then skipped weights again on Friday, didn't do anything yesterday, and today it was a struggle. But I put on my gym clothes (this almost always works to get me there, especially if I put them on and go somewhere near the gym). And I got there, and sat down on a bike next to a guy I would describe as kind of fat and fairly out of shape. But he was plugging along and I felt like we were pushing each other. I definitely kicked some ass (not his, my own). I had good music going, and I brought stuff to read, and the time flew by. I was sad when the fat guy got up and left halfway thru my workout - I felt like we had a sweaty gym chemistry.

So, this week is another week of challenges. WV trip on Thursday night! I'm missing yoga sculpt again, and I have few illusions about working out or eating right while I'm in WV. But I'm going to bring my stuff and maybe I can at least get in a jog around town with one or two of my ladies. And I'm packing lots of fruits and veggies - road trip snacks shopping will happen soon, and will definitely include things like carrots, apples, maybe some high-fiber crackers or something - whatever I can find that will fill me up and be reasonably healthy.

Eating today was also reasonably good - eating yesterday was unequivocally horrific. I'm blaming the PMS monster for making me purchase and eat a shitload of chocolate as well as half a pound of scrambled tofu and various other things that wouldn't be so bad in isolation but since it was a whole day of binge-o-rama, it was very very bad.

OK, time to pop my roasted cauliflower and veggie loaf out of the oven. I love Sunday dinner!

No comments: