Monday, October 29, 2007

Day 72: Oh the Glory, Oh the Agony

This morning I got up and it was dark and cold and I just wanted to sleep forever. So I did, or at least, until it was warm and tolerable and 9 am instead of 6. I think this whole working out super-duper early thing may not be working out, seeing as it hasn't happened in weeks. I dragged myself out of bed at 9 and promised I'd work out this afternoon and guess what - I actually did. Hurrah, my first weight lifting session in almost a month. Shameful. But it was good, I did upper body and found that I'm at least as strong on most exercises as I was before, especially the shoulder stuff due most probably to all the yoga. (By all the yoga, I mean I attended 3 45-min classes in the last month...)

So, I've shifted my schedule and the new plan is to get up early and do homework in my warm bed, then hit the gym in the afternoon or evening. As long as I hurry and arrive before 4 pm, lifting is possible in the afternoon, and HIIT can happen anytime except the retardedly busy lunch hour period, so that's fine.

I also just stuffed my face with one of the weirder bingey foods I go for on rare occasions - almonds with garlicky hummus. I don't know if it's that they actually taste good together or that they are the fattiest foods in my kitchen so I naturally pair them. However, I managed to resist both the huge bag of tortilla chips that's been on my counter for a week and a half and the 2 bags of chocolate chips in the cabinet. These both belong to Roommate-Guy, obviously (or they would have been eaten immediately) but he's out for the night and these are easy things to replace. So, better than last Monday night when I inhaled half a bag of tortilla chips and some black bean dip, among other things while pulling a pseudo all nighter.

So, some good and some bad today, but overall I feel pretty good, and the kitchen is closed so no more bingey foods or any foods at all until tomorrow morning.

log for today:
m1: kashi go-lean crunch, frozen blueberries, emergen-c drink
m2: apple, almonds
m3: last night's leftovers (roasted acorn squash, baked teriyaki tofu, roasted cauliflower)
workout: UBWO, 20 mins LISS
m4: spinach and hummus sandwich on whole grain bread
m5: sweet potato, cauliflower and tempeh steamed and doused with salsa
m6: same as m5
unplanned bingey snack: almonds and spinach w/hummus, handful of shredded cheddar (ugh! and not mine!), wee handful of hi-fiber cereal (wtf?)

1 comment:

fatgirlfitgirl said...

I found your blog on 3FC, and I just wanted to say hello. I did BFL a few years back and got into the best shape of my life; since then I have completely fallen off the wagon and am trying to get back on!

Please check out my blog at fatgirlfitgirl.blogspot.com. Good luck!