Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 71: Reflecting

The last few weeks have been stressful, not very healthy, frustrating, just generally rough on the diet and schoolwork fronts. I've been drinking a lot, not sticking to the plan, not keeping the right groceries in the house, indulging in stress-related binges, eating cheese!

Committing to living healthfully and making my body a priority is hard as a law student, but it is going to be even harder as a lawyer. Well, maybe that's not 100% true since I will have the cash to spring for a membership at a posh fancy gym and that might make me want to work out more than my current crappy gym situation. But anyway. I need to make it a priority right now, for my health and sanity.

I've now got about a week and a half until I leave for CA, which is basically the end of this 12-week journey, and I'm going to put my all into at least not getting too fat for the dress I just bought. I weighed in at a satisfactory but not thrilling number this morning and I'm hoping to drop about 4 lb in the next 2 weeks and to drink a zillion gallons of water so as to not be bloated in my flashy gold and black strapless number.

When I get back, I'm going to start fresh, and I've got a new plan for November and December, leading up to finals and the holidays, and it's going to center around relaxation, comfort and peace. I'm envisioning a lot of yoga, a lot of soup, and some very meditative, cleansing cardio stuff. Pared down, relaxing, centered. I hope that with the power of meditation I can get through the last half of a semester that I have really stacked against myself. Maybe I'll start a new blog, or maybe I'll keep it going with this one, not sure yet.

But for now, it's back on the plan. I bought a ton of groceries yesterday and today I need to get some produce to go along with all that. Hooray for a full pantry and not having an excuse to order Chinese, eat pasta or raid the roomie's cheese supply (ugh!).

Today's plan
m1: kashi go-lean crunch, frozen blueberries, coffee
m2: pear, almonds
m3: hummus & veg sandwich, carrots
m4: soy protein shake
m5: roasted acorn squash, brussels sprouts, steamed tofu
m6: roasted acorn squash, brussels sprouts, steamed tofu
water: at least 3 L
workout: HIIT, LISS
homework: lots!

Go Red Sox!

No comments: