Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Erggg

So, finals are so close to the end. In fact, exams are done, but I have this pesky (15-20 pg) paper due tomorrow that I haven't technically started. I have an outline, which I used for my presentation on the topic 3 weeks ago, but oy. It is a long road from here, in the next 30 hours or so, and I have little fuel left in my brain tank.

As for working out, I am psyching myself up for a 4-mile treadmill run, which I'm not looking forward to but it's going to have to happen. I don't think I'm ready to push myself that far out in the cold without a cheering section to help me along, and I'm not letting myself slack off in the very first week of training. It's going to be a struggle though - 3 miles was like pulling teeth the other day.

It's kind of amazing how much I think about and talk about running now that I've committed myself to doing it every other day. It requires a lot of planning and forethought at this point - I have to make it a really top priority or it's not getting done. My throat still hurts and my lips have been all chapped and uncomfortable. It's winter and finals and I'm whiny and I want nothing more than to lay around the apartment and not do anything. I don't want to run, but I do want that feeling of accomplishment when it's done. Monday night when I was doing the my 3-miler, I did a little fist pump when I hit the 1.5 mile mark and then every half-mile from there on. I had the treadmill set on 0% incline and 10:42 miles. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't that hard physically. Just psychologically, staying on there for over a half hour, oy.

So, soon the lunch rush at the gym will die down I think, and hopefully with people starting to leave for break it won't be hard for me to hang onto a machine for the 45-50 mins (30 mins is the limit if there are a lot of people, which most of the time there are). And then, paper writing all night long, woooo.

No comments: